COMPREHENSIVE THYROID PANEL
There are three main hormones in the thyroid system that should be balanced:
- TSH: Thyroid Stimulating Hormone is the most important of the hormones in the thyroid system, this stimulates or acts on the thyroid gland, telling it how much of the actual thyroid hormones need to be made.
- T4: Hormone is produced by the thyroid and travels throughout the body and is converted into T3.
- T3: The active form of T4. This is the hormone that goes into the cells and controls their function throughout the body.
WHY DO I NEED THIS TEST?
If there is a thyroid level imbalance in your body, you may be more susceptible to everything from osteoporosis and heart disease to infertility and fatigue.
Thyroid disorders are more common in women and they often occur with changes in other hormone levels, such as with pregnancy or with older age.
The Comprehensive Thyroid Panel is the most complete of the three thyroid panels. This panel will look at all levels of the various Thyroid Hormones, as well as an estimate of how well they are being taken in or used by the body; but will also include a test for a type of antibodies seen in certain autoimmune diseases of the Thyroid system. This panel includes the following tests:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Total T4
- Free T4
- Free T3
- Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies (TPO)
No, you do not need to provide a doctor’s order to get lab testing done at Sethi labs.
Test results are generally available within five (5) business days after your specimen is collected.
Walk-in appointments are available.
We recommend you share your results with your physician.