COMPREHENSIVE FOOD AND ENVIRONMENTAL ALLERGY PANEL
The antibodies or mast cells produce histamine which causes the allergic response. Although the reaction is based on a healthy bodily function designed to protect us from toxins in our food and the environment, many allergies are so extreme as to cause asthma and anaphylactic shock, which can lead to death in extreme cases. Allergic rhinitis (an allergic inflammation of the nasal passages), red, itchy eyes and asthma can severely limit and restrict one’s lifestyle.
Not so long ago people, including many children, were subjected to hundreds of needle pricks containing different possible allergens to determine which ones caused the strongest reactions. Research conducted in the 1970s has found that when the body experiences sensitivity or an allergy to a substance it produces antibodies that are specific to the allergen, called Immunoglobulin E (IgE) and these can be measured in the blood. A simple blood draw can look for the specific antibodies to hundreds of substances using only one needle.
The Comprehensive Combination Allergy Panel IgE tests for allergies & sensitivities to all items in the Expanded Food Panel & the Environmental Regional Panels including 45 regional inhalants & 90 foods:
- Inhalants are dependent on one of 12 geographic regions but include pollens, dust, dust mites, dander and mold
- 10 Dairy products including cow’s milk, cheeses, and eggs
- 9 Grains including wheat, wheat gluten, and hops
- 32 Common fruits and vegetables including coconut, mushrooms, jalapenos, and tomatoes
- Meats and fish including shellfish, beef, chicken, shrimp, tuna, and salmon
- Herbs and spices including garlic, curry, sugar, pepper, cocoa, and carob
- Food additives such as baker’s yeast, ascorbic acid, aspartame, nitrates, guar, MSG, and carrageenan
- Nuts including peanuts
No, you do not need to provide a doctor’s order to get lab testing done at Sethi labs.
Test results are generally available within five (5) business days after your specimen is collected.
Walk-in appointments are available.
We recommend you share your results with your physician.